Looks like you’re on the UK site. Choose another location to see content specific to your location

Home Industry News Chugai unveils hepatitis C information website

Chugai unveils hepatitis C information website

30th June 2008

Chugai Pharmaceutical has launched a new website, C gatakanen (Hepatitis C) ZERO, which will provide information about hepatitis C.

The company said it wanted to create the website in order to raise awareness about the disease and the importance of getting tested as early as possible.

If hepatitis C is undetected and untreated it can lead to liver cancer and cirrhosis.

The website includes a page for users to conduct a self-check test which may reveal signs of the virus.

Hepatitis C was identified in 1989 and 200 million people are estimated to be infected with the disease across the world.

The Hepatitis C Trust says after infection around 20 per cent of people will naturally get rid of the virus and the remaining 80 per cent will develop a long-term infection.

Earlier this month, Chugai Pharmaceutical said it was donating ten million yen (47,663 pounds) through the Red Cross to help reconstruction in Sichuan, China following the earthquake in May.

We currently have 9 jobs available in Pharmacy industry, find your perfect one now.

Stay informed

Receive the latest industry news, Tips
and straight to your inbox.