Looks like you’re on the UK site. Choose another location to see content specific to your location
Assistant Editor- Digital
Reporting to the Senior Editor, this role is integral to the running and development a fully digital journal.
The role will support the Senior Editor in overseeing and delivering editorial and client projects including, but not limited to, publishing news, articles and features; supporting in the delivery of client projects; liaising with the Senior Editor, Head of Digital and Marketing and Sales on KPIs, pipeline, projects and best practice; management of social media channels; and effective relationship building with internal and external stakeholders.
Are you a science graduate who is keen to establish a career in STM publishing? Could you apply your enthusiasm and scientific background in a fast-paced editorial environment? One of our key publishing clients are now seeking a self-starter with a strong work ethic to play an important role in the running of their journal portfolios.
The company is an independent publisher of around 60 people who are great at embracing innovation and early to adopt new methods.
Their offices are based in North London. They are 20 minutes to Central London and on the Northern Line. The area surrounding the office has plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants.
Content management and development
Relationship management and development
Community management and engagement
The ideal profile is someone with a biomedical sciences, chemistry, medical or pharmaceutical degree who has a passion for science as a whole and would enjoy a role focused on research, communication, reading and editing.
Candidates need to live within a 45 minute commute of North Finchley due to the role being fully office based. Relocaters will also be considered.
They have a successful graduate scheme and the company is well balanced but has lots of younger people, so you would be joining a well established peer group.
There are clear progression paths and you will receive world class training and your first 6 months will be used to establish yourself into the industry and role.
– Competitive starter salary with 20% pay increase during first year at the company, linked to passing of probation and completion of 1 year
– Vibrant social committee, which organises events including summer and Christmas parties paid for by the company.
– £3k travel allowance for personal commuting costs per annum (£250 per month)
– 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and an extra day off for your birthday.
– Contributory pension scheme with a 4% employer contribution.
– Employee assistance programme for 24/7 support for mental health, work or personal issues etc.