Looks like you’re on the UK site. Choose another location to see content specific to your location
Field Service Engineer
We are recruiting on behalf of a global diagnostic company, established in 150 countries operating for the last 45 years in the field of infectious diseases, who are looking for a Field Service Engineer based in Dublin.
Scientific and technological innovation is at the heart of this companies strategy, providing a large portfolio of products into the healthcare market. Their employees are their greatest asset and highly valued within the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the service, repair, maintenance and installation on a range of invitro diagnostic equipment across three key technologies including, microbiology, immunoassay and molecular biology.
· Professional handling of customer technical queries related to the equipment and systems.
· Work efficiently to complete workload scheduled by Planner & Scheduler.
· Maintain an adequate level of car stock spares in liaison with the Engineering Administration Department and the Engineering Manager.
· Project a professional company image by being presentable to customers and sensitive to their needs. Operate in a tidy manner so Company property such as car, tools and spare parts etc. are used correctly and looked after.
· Maintain a level of business awareness and communicate potential opportunities and threats to the sales teams or appropriate manager, and encourage others to do the same.
· Attend training courses locally and internationally as approved by the Engineering Manager, and follow up with Check & Sell assessments, in order to maintain knowledge at a sufficient level to perform one’s duties.
· Assist the Field Service Manager in projects as required.
· Complete accurately and in a timely fashion all administrative duties allocated in accordance with the job necessary for the efficient running of the Engineering Department.
· Liaise with other company personnel as required.
· Understand, follow and support company policy and rules as well as the current Health and Safety at Work legislation.
· Perform any other task as directed and deemed necessary by the Engineering Manager for the effective operation of the Engineering Department and provision of support to customers.
· Service engineering experience is essential (field or site based) ideally working with medical diagnostic equipment or medical devices/high end scientific equipment/semi-conductors/high-volume manufacturing/refrigeration/complex electro-mechanical systems.
· Educated to ONC/HNC level
· Good communication, time management and organizational skills
· Driving license
· Willingness to travel across the whole of Ireland
· Salary dependant on experience
· Car, laptop, phone.
· Company car or car allowance
· 25 days annual leave + bank holidays