Looks like you’re on the UK site. Choose another location to see content specific to your location
Key Account Manager
Reporting into the Southern Regional Sales Manager, this role will be responsible for taking ownership of all commercial activity across the South Coast and promoting my clients GI range into Hospital trusts, CCG’s and ICB’s.
Since its foundation, my client has been committed to improving care for people with gastrointestinal (GI) diseases. We collaborate with healthcare professionals and GI-experts to develop and market medicines for the treatment of diseases of the digestive system.
Our specific focus on the digestive system means we have in-depth knowledge of the challenges that gastroenterologists and hepatologists face on a daily basis. It also helps us look for innovative ways to improve care and quality of life for the 5-6 million people who live with inflammatory bowel diseases worldwide.
· To take ownership of the sales development of all commercial activity within the specified territory
· To promote and protect the clients products to all NHS organizations within the specified territory
· To promote and protect the clients products to commercial firms / organizations involved in commissioning or provision of prescribing advice / services to the NHS
· To remove barriers to access for the clients products in primary and secondary care, this includes:
o Identifying and developing robust ethical relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, Consultant Gastroenterologists and their medical teams, IBD Nurse Specialists and other healthcare professionals and payor organizations involved in the care of patients with Inflammatory bowel disease.
o Ensuring clients products are appropriately listed on local and regional formularies (in accordance with indications and guidelines)
o Placement / agreement of joint working initiatives
o Negotiation of Care Pathway design / redesign
· Prioritization of accounts when planning activity in Regional teams, such as:
o Agreeing business plans and objectives
o Account Targeting
o Coverage and frequency of KOLs
o co-ordination of local promotional budget expenditure / investment
· To manage the commercial relationship between clients Pharma UK Ltd and our purchasing customers in secondary care, including:
o Procurement specialists,
o Procurement pharmacists
o Business managers
o Maintain supply chain arrangements in primary and secondary care
· ABPI qualified
· Degree level or similar qualifications, ideally life science and or business
· Full driving license (ideally no more than 6 points)
· +3 year’s experience in pharmaceutical or medical sales
· Able to travel national and internationally
· Regular nights away from home
Competitive base salary
25 days annual leave