Looks like you’re on the UK site. Choose another location to see content specific to your location
They serve academic, research and production customers across the UK and Europe and have an unparalleled reputation for top quality support over 25 years. Their ability to deliver excellent installation/qualification services and after sales support is a major differentiator when compared to rivals and is an essential component of the initial sales offer. They specialise in the following: freeze dryers, Genevac evaporators, Gellert freeze dryers, I-Dosiecno isolators, Avestin homogenisers, K Control powder filler and freeze drying analytic instruments but of course provide full in-house training for anyone who hasn’t encountered the kit prior to joining the family. They truly believe that having customers at the centre of all they do is the cornerstone to success and so central to the business are their Service Engineers. The support we offer is a point of difference. Open now is the opportunity to join our talented team, run from the Winchester office. The team is headed by a working Engineering Director who is able to offer support with first-hand knowledge of the role.
Are you F-gas qualified and looking for a new challenge and progression opportunity? We are recruiting on behalf of a growing leader in the life science market looking for a field service engineer to join their team here in the UK.
Reporting to: Engineering Director – The role offers a great opportunity to progress into a service management role in the near future due to expansion & increased workload, the technical director will be looking to internally promote meaning it’s an excellent time to get involved and make an impression!
What makes an excellent field service engineer?
– A strong ‘can do’ ethos
– The position will require the successful applicant to travel extensively and to spend part of the week away from home on a regular basis. Being a field engineer in the sectors in which they operate requires flexibility and adaptability as job schedules are often changed at short notice at the customer’s request
– Delivering the full range of installation, site acceptance test, qualification, calibration, service and breakdown/troubleshooting services on the customers site
– Dealing with “return to base” breakdown and warranty issues at the Winchester head office
– Dealing with on-site customer related documentation, (permit to work, method statements, attendance records, site reports)
– Compiling off site customer documentation (service reports, calibration reports etc) for timely dispatch to the customer
– Working with the Engineering Director to maintain maximum scheduling efficiency
– Dealing with customers, estates staff, internal and external facility managers and equipment users at all times presenting an efficient, knowledgeable and customer friendly company profile
– Identifying possible sales or upselling opportunities to company sales staff
– Extremely competitive salary (Up to 45k for the right cultural and technical expertise)
– 10% Bonus’
– Company Car (or Van)
– Expense Allowance
– Private Healthcare
– Death in service
– Regular in-house and external training
Any and ALL refrigeration experience is very much welcomed, we are looking to keep staff turnover as low as its always been and make this the perfect, long-term fit for you!