Looks like you’re on the UK site. Choose another location to see content specific to your location
Technical Support Specialist
Main Team Purpose
The Marketing team ensures we promote the company, people and products within and outside of our market sectors. The team is responsible for promotions, website content, social media, technical support, exhibitions, pricing and advertising.
Qualifications or previous experience which meets the specification of the role would be an advantage, as would a background knowledge of Laboratory Products and Equipment, although training will be provided.
Main Job Purpose
To support the customer buying process through direct technical support or indirectly through the supply of clear, and relevant technical information. To enhance the product offering online through high quality technical data in many formats to suit different buyers needs and buying processes. To offer a consistent customer experience with good technical advice and ensure the customer is getting what they need, this should enable the customer to make an informed choice from the product offerings. To increase the reputation of offerings online as the leading independent technical scientific supplier of laboratory, and PPE products.
To differentiate our products and services by developing our information & technology base; exploiting our ‘know how’ and expertise.
We’re working with a renowned water testing and laboratory equipment supplier globally for over 70 years. Our expertise in the supply of laboratory products, instrumentation and consumables for scientific applications is backed up by our highly qualified and experienced service team providing you with a unique level of support covering your purchase for its entire lifetime.
Specialist sales support include water analysis, life science instrumentation, consumables and accessories, and an extensive range of laboratory equipment for pharmaceutical and industrial research. We aim to offer the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction in all we do.
We offer a choice of quality products, efficient customer service and excellent maintenance back-up from our service organisation.
We are committed to a continuous programme of development in our services and product offerings delivering real-time information on the latest innovative scientific products to our customers.
– Provide Technical Support by email, telephone and webchat, to customers and colleagues
– Create, maintain and update the content on the blog site as a resource of technical queries and answers to common queries and application questions
– Administer product entry and/or product changes on the websites.
– Provide accurate quotations and respond to UK, European and Overseas customer enquires in a helpful, timely and professional manner.
– Product uploads to 3rd part websites and portals such as Amazon and Science Warehouse
– Liaise with suppliers for technical information, data sheets, pricing, Material safety Data sheets and Certificates of analysis, etc.
– Laboratory testing evaluations to study new and innovative products and compare existing product
– Report writing on laboratory studies on product evaluations and product comparisons
– App and website testing and reporting of errors bugs to software developer
– Complete and maintain accurate records.
– The candidate needs to be capable of independently gathering and interpreting information from both the customer and equipment supplier
– A team player who is driven by providing efficient operations and thrives on change and constantly striving to improve things around them.
– The candidate must have the ability to build and maintain good working relationships with fellow team members and customers. Suppliers, etc.
– Verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
– Numeracy and organisational skills are essential.
– You must have both energy and be able to energise those around you.
– Be self-motivated.
Education, Experience and Skills
Math’s and English GCSE’s are essential (or equivalent)
Degree in chemistry e.g. Chemical Industry or Chemical Science.
Previous experience in a laboratory discipline would be an advantage
Good verbal communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
Skills in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, Indesign, Photoshop or Illustrator would be an advantage
Familiarity with SAP Business One would be an advantage
It would be beneficial if the candidate can speak a foreign language
Competetive base salary – please contact one of the team